The Culture we foster in our Business environments are important. It says everything about what kind of company we are trying to be. It can express company goals and inspire actions through shared beliefs. The Culture is also something managers need to be proactive on. If we don’t nurture the culture from within it can run unchecked. Ignore the culture and it can turn toxic. Nurture it and you create a healthy, safe, fun and productive work space.
Post Covid Lockdown we are entering into new territory. Many companies have been working remotely and employees have been losing touch with each other. Companies are struggling to get employees back into the office in their previous numbers. Many companies are now offering the choice to work from home. The paradigm is shifting as is what will make a happy employee in the future. So why should we have company events and why are they important?
- Bring People Together: We need this now more than ever. Post Covid Lockdown we are entering into new territory. Many companies have been working remotely and employees have been losing touch with each other. Many companies are now offering the choice to work from home. Companies need to take the lead and offer places to come together and meet new employees and reconnect with old colleagues. A study was undertaken over a four-year period by academics at the Grenoble Ecole de Management (France) and the Surrey Business School at University of Surrey https://www.surrey.ac.uk/mediacentre/press/2018/people%E2%80%99s-energy-workplace-key-staff-retention. The study reveals that people who have ‘energetic activations’ with colleagues are less likely to leave an organisation voluntarily than those with low energy towards workmates. We are going to lose these ‘energetic activations’ if we don’t find other ways to give them to employees. Ultimately this will lead to loosing staff and expense for the business. There are other added benefits to bringing people together like networking. Employees and managers have a more informal environment that usual to get to know each other.
- Happier Employees are more productive employees: Dr Eugenio Proto, of the University of Warwick’s Department of Economics shows a positive correlation between a rise in happiness and an increase in productivity (https://warwick.ac.uk/newsandevents/pressreleases/new_study_shows/). Study after study has confirmed that individuals who “frequently experience” satisfaction, enthusiasm and genuine interest, among other emotions, are more likely to succeed in the workplace. But all we really need to do is to look to our own experiences. When we are happy we work better. When we feel valued we respond in positive ways
- Boost Company Morale: Everyone wants to work for the best Company. Everyone wants to feel like they are part of a worthwhile endeavour and mostly they want to feel appreciated. It is well documented that the better the company morale the less employee absences there are, the longer an employee stays at a company. Events are a great way to boost morale.
- Team building: You hear it all the time.. the team is everything. Then why do companies focus so little on building the relationships within it? With team building events you can learn so much about your fellow colleagues. A good event should challenge, educate and inspire you team. It provides the opportunity to look at the team in a fun environment and maybe tackle serious issues in a light hearted manor.
- Celebrate Success: Frankly, everyone surviving these last few years has been a success story. Now think about all of the challenges companies have bene through over the last two years. There has been a serious scramble to adapt to the challenges Covid has thrown at us. If we don’t mark those successes, acknowledge the challenges we have all faced and show appreciation for the sacrifices that were made companies are in danger of making employees feel under appreciated… And employees that feel that way either are less productive or find other places that will make them feel appreciated.
At Junction we have been helping Companies reward their employees for over 15 years. We understand the importance of your company’s culture and we take our job very serious. Each event is tailored to your needs with each goal always at the forefront. If you want to start designing an event that takes any of these important matters into consideration get in touch with us now.. [email protected] or 0873900575. https://www.junction.ie/